Consumer Information


The Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended by the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA), requires institutions participation in federally funded financial aid programs to make information about the institution available to current and prospective students. This page serves to update the Student Right to Know information and provide a central location for resources parent, students, employees, and the overall King’s community to reference. This page will continue to be updated as we build more information that is useful and required.


Information concerning The King’s College academic programs is found in the College Catalog and The King’s College website.

Read about online study.


The King’s College purposes to help students assume responsibility for their behavior regarding the consumption of alcohol. The College strives to ensure a campus climate that does not tolerate alcohol misuse or abuse. The College expects students to exercise discernment and prudence if they choose to consume alcoholic beverages.

The King’s College abides by New York State and federal alcohol laws, including the Drug Free Schools and Communities Act of 1989 (Public Law 101-226) and the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988 (Public Law 101-690). The College expects students, whether on or off campus, to obey New York state laws regarding the use, sale, possession and consumption of alcohol.

The following New York State laws and College standards are pertinent:

  • Possession, use, or distribution of alcohol by underage persons is illegal and therefore prohibited on and off campus.
  • Alcohol may not be served at House-sponsored, King’s Council-sponsored or Student Organization-sponsored events, regardless of whether students are of age, without prior written permission from the Dean of Students.
  • No student, House or student organization is allowed to purchase alcohol with College funds.
  • Providing alcohol to underage persons, or providing a space for the consumption of alcohol by underage persons, is illegal and will not be tolerated.
  • Possession of an open alcohol container in a public area, regardless of the individual’s age, is illegal and prohibited.
  • Students are not permitted to possess or consume alcohol in housing owned or leased by the College, including balconies, stairwells, laundry rooms, roofs and other common areas, except for specifically labeled cooking wine used for meals.

Violations of College standards or state and federal laws, as well as disruptive conduct that stems from being under the influence of alcohol, will be addressed through the College disciplinary process and may bear legal consequences.

Depending on the nature and severity of the offense, College disciplinary sanctions may include probation, mandatory alcohol education, removal from student housing, suspension, or expulsion.

The College has an amnesty policy regarding alcohol and/or drug use in cases of sexual misconduct. Refer to the Amnesty Policy in the Student Handbook for additional information.


Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC) Law Section 65:

§ 65-a.Procuring alcoholic beverages for persons under the age of 21 years can result in a $200 fine and/or five days imprisonment.

§ 65-b.Offense for one underage of 21 years of age to purchase or attempt to purchase an alcoholic beverage through fraudulent means:

  • 1st violation: $100 and/or 30 Hours Community Service (maximum penalty); 3-month License Suspension; Alcohol Awareness Program
  • 2nd violation: $350 and/or 60 Hours Community Service (max); 6-month License Suspension; Alcohol Awareness Program
  • 3rd and subsequent violations: $750 and/or 90 Hours Community Service (max); 1 year suspension or until the holder reaches the age of 21, whichever is the greater period; Evaluation by an appropriate agency to determine whether the person suffers from alcoholism or alcohol abuse.

§ 65-c.Unlawful possession of an alcoholic beverage with the intent to consume by persons under the age of 21 years can result in a $50 fine and/or 30 Hours Community Service; Alcohol Awareness Program established and/or up to 30 hours of community service.



The King’s College supports municipal, state, and federal laws governing the possession, use and sale of controlled substances. Violations of these laws are not tolerated. Any student found using/abusing, distributing, selling, or assisting in the sale of a controlled substance will be subject to disciplinary action, which may include suspension or expulsion and legal consequences.

The King’s College does not permit possession or use of marijuana for any reason, no matter how small the amount. The possession of marijuana is unlawful under New York State Penal Law 221 and may be penalized by fines and jail time. In addition, violations are subject to College disciplinary action.

Use of medical marijuana in any form on campus or campus-related property is prohibited, even with a prescription.

The College has an amnesty policy regarding drug use in cases of sexual misconduct. Refer to the Amnesty Policy in the Student Handbook for additional information.

New York Possession Penalties

Drug Quantity Class Charge Penalty
Cocaine Under 500mg Class A Misdemeanor Criminal Possession in the 7th Degree Up to 1 Year in Jail
Cocaine Over 500mg Class D Felony Criminal Possession in the 5th Degree Up to 4.5 Years in Jail
Cocaine 1/8oz Class C Felony Criminal Possession in the 4th Degree Up to 9 Years in Jail
Heroin Under 1/8oz Class A Misdemeanor Criminal Possession in the 7th Degree Up to 1 Year in Jail
Heroin Over 1/8oz Class C Felony Criminal Possession in the 4th Degree Up to 9 Years in Jail
Cocaine & Heroin 1/2oz Class B Felony Criminal Possession in the 3rd Degree Up to 15 Years in Jail
Cocaine & Heroin 4oz Class A-II Felony Criminal Possession in the 2nd Degree Up to 17 Years in Jail
Cocaine & Heroin 8oz Class A-1 Felony Criminal Possession in the 1st Degree Up to 30 Years in Jail
Ecstasy Under 25mg Class A Misdemeanor Criminal Possession in the 7th Degree Up to 1 Year in Jail
Ecstasy 25mg – 5g Class C Felony Criminal Possession in the 4th Degree Up to 9 Years in Jail
Ecstasy 5g – 25g Class B Felony Criminal Possession in the 3rd Degree Up to 15 Years in Jail
Ecstasy Over 25g Class A-II Felony Criminal Possession in the 2nd Degree Up to 17 Years in Jail
Marijuana Under 3oz Legal if above 21 $50 Fine and Mandatory Drug Education if under 21
Marijuana 3-8oz Class A Misdemeanor Criminal Possession in the 4th Degree Up to $1000 fine and 1 Year in Jail
Marijuana 8oz-16oz Class E Felony Criminal Possession in the 3rd Degree Up to $5000 fine and 4 Years in Jail
Marijuana 16oz-10lbs Class D Felony Criminal Possession in the 2nd Degree Up to $5000 fine and 7 Years in Jail
Marijuana Over 10lbs Class C Felony Criminal Possession in the 1st Degree Up to $15000 fine and 10 Years in Jail

In compliance with the Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act, information about the intercollegiate athletic program is available on the TKC Athletics site. The U.S. Department of Education Office of Postsecondary Education Equity in Athletics Disclosure website has published information about the intercollegiate athletic programs. The report includes the number of participants by gender for each team and a list of varsity teams, and also includes duplicated participant headcount, total operating expenses, head coach gender with time status as coach and as employee of institution, number and gender of assistant coaches and their time status as coach and as employee of institution. Total revenues and expenditures, total money spent on athletically related student aid, average salaries for coaches and assistant coaches and total expenses are also included. A paper copy is also available by contacting the Director of Athletics Bryan Finley at 212-659-0738.

See compliance information on the TKC Athletics site.


To view information concerning public safety at King’s, please visit The King’s College Security Data. On the Campus Safety web page, King’s provides emergency response and evacuation procedures, timely warnings, and procedures for responding to sexual harassment and assault.

Paper copies of the annual Security Report are available upon request from the Assistant Dean of Residence Life ( or by calling (646) 237-8916. King’s Security Data web page also hosts information provided by the state concerning registered sex offenders and hosts the Fire Safety Report.

In accordance with the Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act of 2000 and the Jeanne Clery Act, The King’s College provides a link to the New York State Sex Offender Registry. The Clery Act requires institutions to advise students where to obtain state law enforcement agency information concerning registered sex offenders. To access the registry, use the New York State Sex Offender Registry Search above. The United States Department of Education makes additional U.S. campus crime statistic information available, as does the NYPD.

As required under the New York State College Safety Act, the College will notify the appropriate police precinct of the NYPD if any student who resides in campus housing is reported as missing. The College will notify the police within 24 hours of the missing student being reported to a College official. This policy applies only to students who reside in campus housing.

The College, working with NYPD as necessary, will: 1) attempt to contact the student using contact information provided by the student 2) contact any person the student has identified to the Office of Student Development as a point of contact for this purpose and 3) notify others at the College, as appropriate, about the student’s disappearance.

To report a missing student, contact a Housing Director or call the emergency phone at 646-242-4411 to notify a member of the Student Development team. Since the College does not have campus police, the Student Development staff will immediately alert the local NYPD precinct (1st Precinct for the Financial District residences and the 84th Precinct for the Brooklyn residence) to assist in locating the missing student.

Prior to moving in to student housing, every student will have the opportunity to provide Student Development with a confidential contact person or persons to contact within 24 hours in the event that a determination is made that the student is missing. This contact information is separate from the general emergency contact information. The Office of Student Development will send a Missing Student Contact Information form to all individuals prior to their move-in. Only authorized College officials and law enforcement officers, in furtherance of a missing person investigation, may have access to this information.

If a missing student is under 18 years of age and not an emancipated individual, the College will contact a custodial parent or guardian of the missing student no later than 24 hours after the student is deemed missing by College officials and/or law enforcement officials.


King’s policies with respect to unauthorized peer-to-peer file sharing, including disciplinary actions taken against students who engage in illegal downloading or unauthorized distribution of copyrighted materials using the institution’s information technology system, can be viewed in the Student Handbook under the Technology Acceptable Use Policy. Unauthorized distribution of copyrighted materials, including unauthorized peer-to-peer file sharing, may subject students to civil and criminal liabilities.

A summary of the penalties for violation of federal copyright laws can be found in the Federal Student Aid Handbook.
You can also view the Zondervan Library Copyright & Fair Use Guide.


The King’s College is committed to the ideal that all students should have equal opportunity to enroll and otherwise participate in all schools, degree programs, and other activities or services offered by the College. In order to prepare “students for careers in which they help to shape and eventually to lead strategic public and private institutions,” the College guarantees that appropriate provisions are in place for students with disabilities.

The College, therefore, seeks to assure equal opportunity for access to and participation in all College courses, examinations, activities, and services by providing reasonable accommodations to otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities recognized under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504) and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (Title II). Section 504 and Title II protect otherwise qualified individuals from discrimination based on their disability. To register a disability to request accommodations, see the Academic Accommodations page. For more information, please contact Chris Josselyn, Assistant Director of Student Success, at and 646-930-0665.


The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law that protects the privacy of student educational records. This law applies to all schools receiving funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education. Ownership of educational records transfer from the parents to the student upon enrollment in a post-secondary institution or when the student reaches the age of 18.

Records are divided into two categories: directory (open records) and non-directory (private, non-disclosable without permission). For information rearding the types of information The King’s College has designated as directory information, and to request records, please contact the Registrar’s Office at


All institutions participating in Title IV HEA Student Financial Aid Programs are required to annually provide data to the U.S. Department of Education’s National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) and to the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). NCES created a college navigator tool in order to provide comparative information and data to consumers. The following is a summary of the most recent fall semester information and statistics, including student body diversity, gender, ethnicity and race and age:

Undergraduate Student Enrollment

Total enrollment: 326
Transfer-in enrollment: 22
Student-to-faculty ratio: 8 to 1
Percent of undergraduates who are female: 61%
Percent of undergraduates who are full-time: 87%

Percent of undergraduates by race/ethnicity:

American Indian or Alaska Native: 1%
Asian: 4%
Black or African American: 6%
Hispanic of any race: 11%
Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander: 0%
White: 63%
Two or More Races: 3%
Race and ethnicity unknown: 10%
Nonresident alien: 4%

Percent of undergraduate students by age:

24 and under: 97%
25 and over: 3%
Age unknown: 0%


A Graduate Report is prepared annually by the Office for Career Development that provides post-graduation information on King’s College graduates who have transitioned from college upon completion of their baccalaureate degree. Report data is collected approximately six months after graduation, and includes graduate and professional programs attended, employment status, and employers.


Read The King’s College withdrawal and refund policies. Also, you can download the refund agreement.


Contact the Office of the Registrar (212-659-0736) with questions.
View a PDF containing this data.



The King’s College is committed to creating and maintaining a safe environment on campus and in student housing. To that end, the College conducts regular reviews of all safety policies and procedures, and collects information on all reported crimes and fires. The following report informs our community of the policies, emergency response procedures, and crime and fire statistics from the past three years. This report conforms to the requirements outlined by the Jeanne Cleary Act of 1998. If you have any questions about this report or any of its content contact the Dean of Students, David Leedy ( or the Assistant Dean of Residence Life, Leticia Mosqueda (

Annual Safety Report


The King’s College On-Campus Grievance Procedures

The King’s College seeks to resolve all student grievances, complaints, and concerns in an unbiased, fair, and amicable manner. Prospective and current students taking courses on campus having complaints that fall outside of those outlined in the College Catalog should direct their concerns first to the appropriate campus office, as outlined in Grievance Procedures of the Student Handbook.

New York State Education Department (NYSED) Procedures

In the event that an issue cannot be resolved by the College, students may file a complaint with their respective State Licensing Authority. For registered students taking courses on-campus, the New York Office of Higher Education would be the applicable agency.

New York State Education Department
89 Washington Avenue, Room 969 EBA
Albany, NY 12234

Information about the New York State Education Department complaint process can be found at here.

Distance Education Procedures

The King’s College is a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). As a member of NC-SARA, King’s is authorized to deliver distance education programs in other NC-SARA member states.

Should students have consumer-related issues concerning distance education programs, they should address their concerns first to the Educational Ventures and Services Administrator, ( or 56 Broadway, New York, New York 10004, or by phone at 212-659-7216).

Should the College be unable to resolve the matter, the student can contact the institution’s home state SARA Portal Entity (as detailed in NYSED Procedures above) to seek further resolution. Information about the NC-SARA Student Complaint Process can be found here.

As detailed in the NC-SARA Policy Manual, consumer-related issues may include, but are not limited to: veracity of recruitment and marketing materials; accuracy of job placement data; accuracy of information about tuition, fees and financial aid; complete and accurate admission requirements for courses and programs; accuracy of information about the institution’s accreditation and/or any programmatic/specialized accreditation held by the institution’s programs; accuracy of information about whether the institution’s course work will transfer to other institutions; and operation of distance education programs consistent with practices expected by institutional accreditors.


The King’s College Financial Aid webpages can be found here.
For further information please contact Student Financial Services at 646-237-8902 or e-mail


The following is data concerning the prepaid cards:

  1. Total number or students with a prepaid account that were enrolled during the award year: 3
  2. Mean amount of fees charged to students during the award year: $7.33
  3. Median amount of fees charged to students during the award year: $5.00
  4. Total invoice amount paid to TMS for the Refund program: $4010.10

The Student Right-to-Know Act was enacted into federal law in 1990. The law requires institutions that receive Title IV HEA student financial aid to collect, report and/or disclose graduation rates for full-time, first-time, degree-seeking undergraduate students and students receiving athletically related student aid.


Transfer of Credit

Any student desiring to transfer to The King’s College is required to submit an official transcript from each of the colleges or institutions of higher learning he or she has attended since graduating from high school. Transcripts should indicate courses entered, in progress, or completed. Evidence of good standing should also be indicated on the transcript. It is the applicant’s responsibility to request that these transcripts be sent to The King’s College Office of Admissions. The King’s College accepts transfer credit from other regionally accredited institutions as recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Credits earned at non-regionally accredited institutions may be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

Credit cannot be accepted on the basis of a P (Pass) or similar grade, unless a letter or numerical grade is also provided or the transcript bears the statement that such a grade is given only if the student is doing C or better work. Credit is granted for courses in which a grade of C or higher was made. These courses must be applicable to the degree requirements of The King’s College.

The maximum number of hours that may be transferred for the Bachelor’s degree is 60. Transfer credits that are not equivalent to a course in the student’s program may transfer in as electives. Additionally, students may not apply more than 30 online credit hours to their degree program.

Transfer students who have earned less than 30 semester hours of college credit must provide SAT or ACT scores. For further information regarding the transfer of courses from another institution, please consult the Registrar’s Office.

Please refer to the admissions process for a complete description of the steps necessary to be admitted to The King’s College.



Health requirements for students at The King’s College exist to protect the student body from infectious disease and to ensure that the College has important medical information at hand should a student need assistance from health services.

College Requirements

College policy stipulates that a student stall be prevented from beginning classes if they have not complied with certain requirements by the beginning of the student’s second academic term. These requirements apply only to students who are registered for classes on The King’s College campus.

Requirements are as follows:

New York State Immunization Requirements of students at post-secondary institution mandates that students born on or after January 1, 1957 submit proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, and Rubella. Students are required to submit the Immunization Requirements form before the first day of classes. The completed form should be faxed to the Office of Admissions at 877-349-0231.

Students are encouraged to review information about the meningitis vaccine and make a decision about whether they wish to receive the vaccine or not. Information regarding meningitis vaccine can be reviewed at the Centers for Disease Control Website.

Exemptions from Immunization Requirements

Medical Exemption

If a licensed physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, or licensed midwife caring for a pregnant student, certifies in writing that the student has a health condition which is a valid contraindication to receiving a specific vaccine, then a permanent or temporary (for resolvable conditions such as pregnancy) exemption may be granted. This statement must specify those immunizations which may be detrimental and the length of time they may be detrimental. Provisions need to be made to review records of temporarily exempted persons periodically to see if contraindications still exist. In the event of an outbreak, medically exempt individuals should be protected from exposure. This may include exclusion from classes or campus.

Religious Exemption

A student may be exempt from vaccination if, in the opinion of the institution, that student or student’s parent(s) or guardian of those less than 18 years old holds genuine and sincere religious beliefs which are contrary to the practice of immunization. The student requesting exemption may or may not be a member of an established religious organization. Requests for exemptions must be written and signed by the student if 18 years of age or older, or parent(s) or guardian if under the age of 18. The institution may require supporting documents. It is not required that a religious exemption statement be notarized. In the event of an outbreak, religiously exempt individuals should be protected from exposure. This may include exclusion from classes or campus.


The United States Election Assistance Commission provides the National Mail Voter Registration Form that can be used to register to vote, to update voter registration information due to a change in name, to indicate change of address, or to register with a political party. The national form also contains voter rules and regulations for each state and territory.